There’s no better way to go deep inside a guest’s golfing soul than to have him or her take the “Talking GolfGetaways” #Emergency9 golf quiz. And that’s exactly what golf journalist — and Golf News Net founder — Ryan Ballengee does on this episode.
Ballengee, whose PGA Tour coverage has given him ample opportunity to travel, play, stay and eat at some of the game’s best spots, gets peppered with questions by hosts Mitch Laurance and Darin Bunch as he reveals his favorites in the world of golf.
Find out what Pinehurst No. 2, Cabot Links and Bandon Dunes have in common with the Sand Belt in Australia and courses in the United Kingdom. And why Pebble Beach’s Inn at Spanish Bay holds a special place in his heart. Plus, how phone chargers and hats figure together into an answer, and why the quote “Until I shoot 54 from a forward set of tees, I’ll play them all” should be a mantra we all follow.
Follow along with the Emergency 9 questions below and send us your personal #Emergency9 on social media:
- What is your favorite course or destination, anywhere in the world?
- What’s at the top of your personal golf-travel bucket list?
- Where is the best place you’ve ever stayed?
- What is the single best thing you’ve ever eaten on a trip, and where?
- Besides the golf, what’s the most important thing to you on a golf trip?
- What’s the one piece of apparel or equipment you’d recommend to everyone?
- What is your handicap and what yardage to you typically play from?
- Who is your favorite golfing partner and why?
- What’s the one golf course or destination you wish everyone knew about?
• • •
“Talking GolfGetaways with Mitch & Darin” is sponsored by StGeorgeUtahGolf.com and can be heard on GolfNewsNet.com. The podcast is also available for download on iTunes Podcasts. New episodes post daily, five days per week.